Arts & Crafts: We offer a variety of arts and craft classes. We have several on-going classes which follow a month long session schedule, as well as many one or two days specialty workshops throughout the year. Classes include Ceramics, Porcelain Dolls, Pottery and Painting Classes.
Computer Class Information: The senior center offers a wide variety of computer classes including, Mousing Around, Introduction to Windows, Intermediate Windows, Beginning Word Processing, Intermediate Word Processing, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Social Networking, Internet Basics, The Basics of Using Email, Introduction to Digital Cameras and more. For information on computer class registration, please click on the Registration Policies link.
Workshops & Lectures: Each month we offer a variety of informative and fun programs by way lecture or workshop. A nominal fee may be charged for these programs. Lectures include fitness and wellness seminars, health topics, financial, issues pertaining to seniors and more.
For more information please visit the Senior Activites Guide link.
Appointments are required, please call 303-255-7850 to schedule an appointment.
Medicare Assistance: These classes are FREE and targeted to those new to Medicare and for those of you who are about to join. Consumers will be given information to make informed decisions on what plans will be best for you.
- Medicare Counseling - Medicare counseling is now being offered on the second Tuesday of each month from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Trained SHIP (Senior Health Insurance Program) Volunteers will assist you with your Medicare issues.
- Medicare 101 - Medicare classes are provided by Senior Health Insurance Program (SHIP) Counselors. Information is provided about Medicare enrollment, benefits, costs, what and how Medicare pays, choices under Medicare plans, how they work and prescription drug coverage.
Senior Health Insurance Program contact information: 720-321-8860.
Tax Assistance: On-site help in completing simple federal and state income tax returns will be available for seniors and individuals with incomes below $56,000 at the Senior Center on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, from January through April. Hours are 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Electronic filing is available.
Bring the following items:
- All income-reporting forms from interest, dividends, pensions, wages and social security, as well as a list of potential deductible items
- Social Security cards for yourself and your dependents
- A photo I.D.
- A copy of last year's tax return
Tax services are provided on a first-come, first served basis. For more information, contact George V. Mazzotti, Jr. with the Adams County Treasurer's Office at 720-523-6163.