The Colorado sex offender registry includes only those persons who have been required by law to register and who are in compliance with the sex offender registration laws. People should not rely solely on the sex offender registry as a safeguard against perpetrators of sexual assault in their communities. The crime for which a person is convicted may not accurately reflect the level of risk.
In order to obtain Educational Information reference Colorado Sex Offenders, click on this link to the CBI website. Follow the login verification steps at the bottom of the CBI website page. Once logged in to the Colorado State Sex Offender Web page, select Sexual Offending Facts.
Who is Listed on the Sex Offender Website
For sexual offender registration information in areas outside of the City of Thornton corporate limits, please check with those jurisdictions (State of Colorado, Arapahoe County, Denver City and County, Douglas County, Jefferson County).
Due to Colorado State Statutes, only individuals who meet the following criteria can be listed on the Internet Web sites:
- An adult convicted of a felony requiring the adult to register pursuant to section 16-22-103, C.R.S.
- An adult convicted of a second, subsequent offense of any of the following misdemeanors:
A juvenile adjudicated for two or more offenses involving unlawful behavior or for a crime of violence as defined in section 18-1.3-406, C.R.S.; or A juvenile who is required to register pursuant to section 16-22-103, C.R.S. because he or she was:
- Sexual assault as described in section 18-3-402 (1) (e), C.R.S.;
- Unlawful sexual contact as described in section 18-3-404, C.R.S.;
- Sexual assault on a client as described in section 18-3-405.5 (2), C.R.S.
- Sexual exploitation of a child by possession of sexually exploitive material as described in section 18-6-403 (3) (b.5), C.R.S.
- Indecent exposure as described in section 18-7-302, C.R.S.; or
- Sexual conduct in a penal institution as described in section 18-7-701, C.R.S.;
- adjudicated for an offense that would have been a felony if committed by an adult,
- failed to register as required by section 16-22-103, C.R.S. which would have been a felony if committed by an adult, and
- failed to register as required by section 16-2-108, C.R.S.
**A complete list of registered sexual offenders, including those excluded by state statute for web posting, is available at the Thornton Police Department records counter located in the lobby from 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday through Friday. You must appear in person to pick up a copy of the list of sexual offenders living within the City of Thornton incorporated limits; police personnel cannot mail or fax copies.**
Enter Colorado Sex Offender Website
Click the below Accept button to be taken to the State of Colorado Sex Offender Website. Once there, you can search Sex Offender information by name or by address.