How to Apply for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funds
Nonprofit organizations or government agencies can apply for and receive Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds for housing or community development projects. Projects must be eligible per the federal grant regulations, serve Thornton residents and/or establish or improve a nonprofit or affordable housing facility located in Thornton. Projects must also meet a high or low priority need identified by Thornton. Neighborhood Services is accepting applications for
- 2018 CDBG funds until 4:30 pm on April 20, 2018. These funds will be available to use starting December 1, 2018.
- $300,000 in 2017 CDBG funds until 4:30 pm on June 29, 2018. These funds are available to be used starting July 2018.
Information on the types of projects eligible for CDBG and the current priorities for the fund is located under the CDBG Resources links on the right hand side of this webpage.
Organizations must complete the CDBG application and include all required supporting documentation. Refer to the CDBG Resources to the right for a copy of the application.
To discuss project ideas or ask questions call 303-538-7346 or email email@example.com.
How to Apply for Home Investment Partnerships Program Funds
Nonprofit organizations or government agencies can apply for Home Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) funds to financially support housing projects or programs that increase or improve the supply of affordable housing for low and moderate income residents. Projects must be eligible per the federal regulations and serve Adams County residents.
- To review the types of projects eligible under HOME, refer to the HOME Resources link on the right.
- To apply, complete the Adams County's application for HOME funds and include all required supporting documentation.
- If your organization's affordable housing project will be located in Thornton, please let us know about your project. We can write a letter of support to Adams County if you are applying for HOME funds.