Heidi Williams is a Colorado Native and grew up in Brighton, Colorado. Heidi and her husband Toby married in 2001 and have three children (Michael, Chloe and Noah). Heidi has lived in the North Metro area since graduating high school in 1989 and has been a resident in Thornton since 2006.
Mayor Williams owned a retail business in Thornton from 2004-2012. In addition to working in and owning a small business, she has served on many boards. Her first community service experience was with her church in the early 2000s, and was the Den Leader, Committee and Popcorn Chair for her son's Cub Scout Pack. She has since served as a Director on the Adams 12 Board of Education, Chair of the Thornton Revitalization Advisory Board, Brighton High School DECA Advisory Committee, Thornton High School DECA Advisory Board, ThornCreek Church and also served as Vice President of the Uniform Retailers Association Board. In addition to serving Thornton as the Mayor, Heidi currently sits on the following Boards:
- Urban Flood and Drainage-Chair
- Urban Flood and Drainage-Executive Committee
- Metro Mayor’s Caucus-Recent Past Chair
- Metro Mayor’s Caucus-Executive Committee
- Homelessness and Hunger Committee
- Water & Climate Committee
- Other committees as needed for regional issues
- DRCOG (Denver Regional Council of Governments
- Performance and Evaluation Committee
- Regional Transportation Committee (Elected by Board)
- E-470-Vice Chair
- Information Technology Committee
- Marketing and Communication Committee
- Roadway and Operations Committee
- Smart Commute North-Treasurer; North Area TMO (Transportation Management Organization)
- NATA (North Area Transit Alliance)-Alternate
Mayor Williams recently graduated in May 2017 with a BS in Political Science and is continuing to work towards a Master's Degree in Public Administration. Along with this, Heidi also volunteers at her church and enjoys attending Chloe and Noah's dance recitals, Noah's soccer games, Cub Scout and Girl Scout events with her family. Michael is at Front Range Community College and works full time. She is very proud of her kids!
Improving Thornton’s economy by adding new businesses, thus creating jobs, is Mayor Williams' number one priority. She believes revitalization of Original Thornton is one of the keys to this process. Mayor Williams engages different stakeholders in the community several times per year to get feedback to ensure Thornton has a business friendly environment. You can contact Mayor Williams at any time because she is YOUR Mayor! You can also follow Heidi on...