Heidi Williams is a Colorado Native and grew up in Brighton, Colorado. Heidi and her husband Toby married in 2001 and have three children (Michael, Chloe and Noah). Heidi has lived in the North Metro area since graduating high school in 1989 and has been a resident in Thornton since 2006.
Heidi owned a retail business in Thornton from 2004-2012. She now owns a bookkeeping business and has clients throughout the Denver Metro area. In addition to owning a business, Heidi has served on many boards. Her first community service experience was with her church in the early 2000s, and Committee Chair for her sons Cub Scout Pack. She has since served as a Director on the Adams 12 Board of Education, Chair of the Thornton Revitalization Advisory Board, Brighton High School DECA Advisory Committee, Thornton High School DECA Advisory Board, and also served as Vice President of the Uniform Retailers Association Board. In addition to serving Thornton as the Mayor, Heidi currently sits on the following Boards:
- ThornCreek Church
- Urban Flood and Drainage-Treasurer
- Urban Flood and Drainage-Executive Committee
- Metro Mayor’s Caucus-Chair
- Metro Mayor’s Caucus-Executive Committee
- Metro Mayor’s Caucus-Homelessness and Hunger Committee; other committees as needed for regional issues
- North I-25 Mayors
- E-470-Vice Chair
- E-470- Information Technology Committee
Heidi served on the following boards the first two years of her term as Mayor:
- Smart Commute North-North Area TMO (Transportation Management Organization)
- NATA (North Area Transit Alliance)-Alternate
Heidi also volunteers at her church and in other capacities in the community.
Improving Thornton’s economy by adding new businesses, thus creating jobs, is Heidi’s number one priority. She believes revitalization of Original Thornton is one of the keys to this process. Heidi enjoys serving you as Mayor. Please contact her anytime. She is YOUR Mayor! You can also follow Heidi on...