2017 Conference Details November 17, 2017
Adams County Government Conference Center
4430 S Adams County Parkway
Brighton, CO 80601
Registration InformationRegistration for the 2017 Conference is now open! Click
HERE to register or call 720.799.9254 for more information.
Conference Schedule 8:30 am - 8:50 am - Registration, Breakfast, & Resource Exploration
9:00 am - 9:25 am - Welcome Message
9:30 am - 10:30 am - Breakout Sessions
10:30 am - 10:50 am - Break & Resource Exploration11:00 am - 12:00 pm - Breakout Sessions12:00 pm - 12:45 pm - Lunch & Connecting Our Colorful Stories
12:45 pm - 1:45 pm - Keynote Presentation
1:45 pm - 2:00 pm - Conference Wrap Up
- Keynote: The Role of Nurturing Relationships in Buffering Adverse Childhood Experiences & Environments
with Dr. Ayelet Tami, PhD
- Navigating Special Education with Roxanne Bradley, MS
- Connecting Our Colorful Brains: The Building Blocks to Success with Heather Hotchkiss, MSW
- Drop Your Crutches with Glenn Bott, PLE
- Managing the Manipulator with Christina Dalpiaz, MA CACIII
- Raising Resilience: Supporting Children Affected by Drugs and Alcohol with Lindsey Chadwick, LPC & Kathleen Rhodes, LPCC
On-site child care is NOT available.
Breakfast and Lunch
Breakfast and lunch are included in the cost of conference admission. Attendees with dietary restrictions, allergies, and those who prefer meal options outside of what we are providing are welcome to bring their own lunch.
This conference is sponsored by the City of Thornton in conjunction with Catholic Charities of Denver, Families First, the State of Colorado, Community Reach Center, Adams County Human Services, and Family Tree.
The Margaret Carpenter Recreation Center is home to monthly support groups for Grandparents raising grandchildren and others that are caring for children that are not biologically their own.