The Block Party Trailer is brand new to Thornton this summer! It is FREE for Thornton residents to reserve and is filled with many necessary and useful items to help you and your neighbors throw a successful block party!
- Thornton residents may begin reserving the Block Party Trailer on Friday, June 1, 2018 beginning at 8 a.m.
- Reservations must be done at least a week in advance.
- The first available block party reservation date will be Friday, June 8, 2018.
Items in the trailer include:
- 8 six-foot tables
- 4 folding picnic tables
- 32 folding chairs
- 4 ice chests
- 3 water coolers
- 3 trashcans with liners
- 1 fire extinguisher
- 1 first aid kit
- 4 barricades
|GAMES & ACTIVITIES|
- 1 basketball hoop with 1 basketball
- 1 horseshoe set
- 1 cornhole bag toss
- 1 ladder toss
- 1 volleyball/badminton set with 1 volleyball
- 1 football
- 1 soccer ball
- 12 hula hoops
The Block Party Trailer may be reserved during the months of June-September on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays only. Reservations must be done at least a week in advance of your scheduled Block Party.
The person reserving the trailer must be:
• the party host
• a Thornton resident
• 21 years of age or older
• responsible for the trailer and its contents from the time it is delivered until the trailer is picked up.
• must be present to sign for the trailer when it is delivered
• must be present when the trailer is picked up
- The doors to the trailer need to be secured when not in use.
- Trailer will only be delivered to Thornton addresses.
- Trailer will be delivered by Thornton Parks staff, between 9-10 a.m. on the day of the block party.
Trailer must be ready for pickup by 8 a.m. the day after the block party and must be cleaned and in the same condition as when it was delivered. Parks staff will do an inventory of the contents when the trailer is picked up.
Trailer will be picked up between 8-9 a.m. the day AFTER the block party.
How to Reserve:
PRIOR TO JUNE 1
In order to use our online registration system to reserve the Block Party Trailer, Thornton residents must prove their Thornton residency by visiting the Carpenter Recreation Center with a current valid Colorado driver's license or Colorado identification card with a current address or a photo ID and two of the following documents showing correct name, current date and current Thornton Address:
- Utility bill or phone bill
- Car registration
- Voter registration card
- Statement from major creditor
- Recent Adams County tax notice
- Rental contract/mortgage statement
BEGINNING JUNE 1
Beginning June 1, Thornton residents may reserve the Block Party Trailer online by visiting, https://webtrac.cityofthornton.net or through walk-in reservations by visiting the Carpenter Recreation Center, 11151 Colorado Blvd. or the Thornton Community Center, 2211 Eppinger Blvd.