Please see rental information below for the 2019 season.
The Block Party Trailer is FREE for Thornton residents to reserve and is filled with many necessary and useful items to help you and your neighbors throw a successful block party!
- Thornton residents may begin reserving the Block Party Trailer on Friday, January 2, 2019 beginning at 8 a.m.
- The first available block party reservation date will be Saturday, June 1, 2019.
- Reservations must be done at least a week in advance of your scheduled block party.
- The last available block party reservation date will be Sunday, September 29, 2019
Items in the trailer include:
- 8 six-foot tables
- 4 folding picnic tables
- 32 folding chairs
- 4 ice chests
- 3 water coolers
- 3 trashcans with liners
- 1 fire extinguisher
- 1 first aid kit
- 4 barricades
|GAMES & ACTIVITIES|
- 1 basketball hoop with 1 basketball
- 1 horseshoe set
- 1 corn hole bag toss
- 1 ladder toss
- 1 volleyball/badminton set with 1 volleyball
- 1 football
- 1 soccer ball
- 12 hula hoops
The Block Party Trailer may be reserved during the months of June-September on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays only. Reservations must be done at least a week in advance of your scheduled Block Party.
The person reserving the trailer must be:
• the party host
• a Thornton resident having the trailer delivered to a Thornton address
• 21 years of age or older
• responsible for the trailer and its contents from the time it is delivered until the trailer is picked up
• must be present to sign for the trailer when it is delivered
• must be present when the trailer is picked up
The trailer will be delivered by Thornton Parks staff, between 9-10 a.m. on the day of the block party.
When parking the Block Party Trailer on the street along the curb, you will need 44' for the truck and trailer, 12' behind the trailer for the ramp unloading space and 6' in front of the truck so that the truck has room to pull out once it has unhooked from the trailer. The trailer including the wheel wells is 8.5 feet wide. When the trailer is unhooked and the rear ramp is dropped, you will need 27' plus about 6' of working room at the end of the ramp. The trailer cannot be parked in parking spots or driveways.
The trailer will be picked up between 8-9 a.m. the day AFTER the block party.
Trailer must be ready for pickup by 8 a.m. the day after the block party and must be cleaned and in the same condition as when it was delivered. Parks staff will do an inventory of the contents when the trailer is picked up. We will need at least 30' of open space in front of the trailer so the truck can back up to the trailer and hook onto it.
How to Reserve:
PRIOR TO JANUARY 2, 2019
In order to use our online registration system to reserve the Block Party Trailer, Thornton residents must prove their Thornton residency by visiting the Carpenter Recreation Center with a current valid Colorado driver's license or Colorado identification card with a current address or a photo ID and two of the following documents showing correct name, current date and current Thornton Address:
- Utility bill or phone bill
- Car registration
- Voter registration card
- Statement from major creditor
- Recent Adams County tax notice
- Rental contract/mortgage statement
BEGINNING JANUARY 2, 2019
Beginning January 2, 2019, Thornton residents may reserve the Block Party Trailer online by visiting, https://webtrac.cityofthornton.net or through walk-in reservations by visiting the Carpenter Recreation Center, 11151 Colorado Blvd. or the Thornton Community Center, 2211 Eppinger Blvd.