The Block Party Trailer is brand new to Thornton this summer and is filled with many necessary and useful items to help you and your neighbors throw a successful block party!
¤ 8 six-foot folding tables
¤ 4 folding picnic tables
¤ 32 folding chairs
¤ 4 ice chests
¤ 3 water coolers
¤ signs for road closures
¤ A variety of games
The Block Party Trailer may be reserved during the months of June-September on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays only.
The person reserving the trailer must be:
• the party host
• a Thornton resident
• 21 years of age or older
• responsible for the trailer and its contents from the time it is delivered until the trailer is picked up.
• must be present to sign for the trailer when it is delivered
• must be present when the trailer is picked up
- The doors to the trailer need to be secured when not in use.
- If your event requires a street closure you will need to submit a Traffic Control Permit Application.
- Trailer will only be delivered to Thornton addresses.
- Trailer will be delivered by Thornton Parks staff, between 9-10 a.m. on the date of the block party.
- Trailer will be picked up between 8-9 a.m. the day AFTER the block party.
- Trailer must be ready for pickup by 8 a.m. the following day and must be cleaned and in the same condition as when it was delivered. Parks staff will do an inventory of the contents when the trailer is picked up.
How to Reserve:
PRIOR TO JUNE 1
In order to use our online registration system to reserve the Block Party Trailer, Thornton residents must prove their Thornton residency by visiting the Carpenter Recreation Center with a current valid Colorado driver's license or Colorado identification card with a current address or a photo ID and two of the following documents showing correct name, current date and current Thornton Address:
- Utility bill or phone bill
- Car registration
- Voter registration card
- Statement from major creditor
- Recent Adams County tax notice
- Rental contract/mortgage statement
BEGINNING JUNE 1
Online reservations begin. Reservations must be done at least a week in advance. The first available date for a block party would be Friday, June 8.