How to Apply for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funds
Nonprofit organizations or government agencies can apply for and receive Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds for housing or community development projects. Projects must be eligible per the federal grant regulations, serve Thornton residents and/or establish or improve a nonprofit or affordable housing facility located in Thornton. Projects must also meet a high or low priority need identified by Thornton.
- To review the types of projects eligible under CDBG and the City's CDBG priorities, refer to the CDBG Resources links.
- Neighborhood Services is accepts applications for CDBG funds annually, typically starting in January or February. In order to apply, organizations must complete the CDBG application and include all required supporting documentation.
- To discuss project ideas, ask questions or get on the grant email list call 303-538-7600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply for Home Investment Partnerships Program Funds
Nonprofit organizations or government agencies can apply for Home Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) funds to financially support housing projects or programs that increase or improve the supply of affordable housing for low and moderate income residents. Projects must be eligible per the federal regulations and must serve Thornton residents. Projects must also meet a priority need identified by the City of Thornton and Adams County to be eligible.
- To review the types of projects eligible under HOME, refer to the HOME Resources link on the right.
- Organizations apply to Adams County for HOME funds.
- If your organization has an idea for a housing project that will happen in Thornton or serve Thornton residents, please contact Thornton's Neighborhood Services staff. We will help you determine if it is an eligible project, answer questions on the HOME funds and help you complete the County HOME application. Call 303-538-7600 or email email@example.com.