Fourth of July in Thornton
Thornton Multipurpose Fields - Thursday, July 4
4 p.m. - 2013 Thorntonfest Battle of the Bands Winner performance
5 p.m. - Beer Garden and Food Vendors
5:45 p.m. - Thornton Community Band
7:20 p.m. - Presentation of Colors
7:30 p.m. - Kory Brunson Band
9:30 p.m.- Parachute Jump
As soon as the parachutists land the fireworks with start
Parking is available in the following areas...
- Paved Carpenter Recreation Center parking lot, accessed at the light at 110th Place and Colorado Boulevard.
- Parking in the recreation center lot will exit at 112th Ave. and Madison St. and be directed either north on Madison Street or east on 112th Avenue at the end of the event.
- Paved and unpaved lots south of the Multipurpose Fields and west of 108th Avenue, accessed at the intersection of 108th Avenue and Colorado Boulevard.
- Those leaving parking in the unpaved lots west of 108th Avenue will be directed southbound on Colorado Boulevard ONLY at the end of the event.
- Those leaving parking in the paved parking lots south of 108th Avenue will be directed eastbound on 108th Avenue to Riverdale Road ONLY at the end of the event.
NOTE: Colorado Boulevard will be closed to all through traffic beginning at 9:30 p.m. between 104th Avenue and 120th Avenue. There will be no side street or driveway access onto Colorado Boulevard on that same stretch of highway.
Your patience and cooperation is appreciated when exiting the parking areas at the close of the evening. Police and parking staff will be clearing parking lots as safely and quickly as possible.
CARPOOL: Make a party of your holiday while helping the environment!
This year, color your Fourth of July red, white, blue and GREEN! Make a party of your evening with us and carpool with family and/or friends to the event! Carpooling not only helps to reduce traffic congestion in the parking areas, it also environmentally friendly, reduces stress and increases your time to socialize!
The following items are not allowed on the event site...
- Glass bottles or containers
- Grills of any kind
- Illegal personal fireworks
- Open fires
In the event of inclement weather on the day of the event, please be sure to check back to this web page for updated event information.
If severe weather containing any lightning moves into the area during the event, lightning detector horns will blow from the recreation center. In the event that the horns do sound, please leave the event field immediately and return to your vehicles or take shelter in the recreation center until the storm has passed. Event staff will sound the all-clear signal when it’s safe, at which time the program will resume.
Please call today to get more information on how we can put together your perfect sponsorship package for one of our upcoming events! Multi-event and multi-year discounts are available as well.
Steve Boyle | Sponsorship & Event Marketing Supervisor
City of Thornton | 2211 Eppinger Blvd. | Thornton, CO 80229
p. 720-977-5965 | f. 720-977-5964