Download PDF parking map
- Paved and unpaved lots south of the Carpenter Park Fields and west of 108th Avenue: Majority of the available parking is on the south side of the site; both paved lots and the overflow area are accessed via 108th Avenue, off of Colorado Boulevard. Handicapped parking will be in the north two rows of the west lot, accessed at the intersection of 108th Avenue and Colorado Boulevard.
- Exiting vehicular traffic: Cars in paved lots will be sent east on 108th Avenue to Riverdale Road. Cars in dirt overflow lots will be sent south on Colorado Boulevard to 104th Avenue.
- Paved Carpenter Recreation Center parking lot: Access at the light at 110th Place and Colorado Boulevard. Open from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. on July 4. After the facility closes, the lot will be available for event parking.
- Exiting vehicular traffic: Sent north to the new park road and exit 112th Avenue and Madison Street where you will be sent either north to 120th Avenue or east to Colorado Boulevard and north on Colorado Boulevard.
- 112th Avenue and Madison Street Lots: Use the entrance at 110th Avenue and Colorado Boulevard to access the two paved parking lots in the new Carpenter Park. The lower lot is for vehicles with handicapped parking authorization.
- Exiting vehicular traffic: Sent out to 112th Avenue and Madison Street and exit the same as recreation center parking lot.
- RV Parking: RV parking will be available beginning at 8 a.m. on July 4. Designated RV parking area is on the south side of the event site and can be accessed via 108th Avenue, off of Colorado Boulevard. Follow the signs
- Exiting vehicular traffic: Exit 108th Avenue to Colorado Boulevard and sent south to 104th Avenue.
- Surrounding Neighborhoods: On-street parking is available in the surrounding neighborhoods. Do not block driveways or park in a fire land and please be courteous of the homeowners.
- Walkers and Cyclists: There is a pedestrian underpass under Colorado Boulevard to enter the event safely. Bicycle racks will be available near the north pedestrian bridge. Bring your own padlock. Colorado Boulevard will be closed to all traffic between 108th Avenue and 112th Avenue approximately 20-30 minutes prior to the fireworks show. Once the parking lots are full, Colorado Boulevard will be closed from 104th Avenue to 112th Avenue. When the fireworks show starts, Colorado Boulevard will be closed to traffic between 104th Avenue and 120th Avenue.
- Exiting the event: walk and/or ride across Colorado Boulevard between 108th Avenue and 112th Avenue as all vehicle traffic will be diverted other directions until approximately 10:45 p.m. and stopped from 10-11 p.m.
Your patience and cooperation is appreciated when exiting the parking areas at the close of the evening. Police and parking staff will be clearing parking lots as safely and quickly as possible.
CARPOOL: Make a party of your holiday while helping the environment!
This year, color your Fourth of July red, white, blue and GREEN! Make a party of your evening with us and carpool with family and/or friends to the event! Carpooling not only helps to reduce traffic congestion in the parking areas, it also environmentally friendly, reduces stress and increases your time to socialize!
The following items are not allowed on the event site...
- Glass bottles or containers
- Charcoal Grills (Propane grills allowed)
- Illegal personal fireworks
- Open fires
In the event of inclement weather on the day of the event, please be sure to check back to this web page for updated event information.
If severe weather containing any lightning moves into the area during the event, lightning detector horns will blow from the recreation center. In the event that the horns do sound, please leave the event field immediately and return to your vehicles or take shelter in the recreation center until the storm has passed. Event staff will sound the all-clear signal when it’s safe, at which time the program will resume.
Please call today to get more information on how we can put together your perfect sponsorship package for one of our upcoming events! Multi-event and multi-year discounts are available as well.
Vince Aragon | Sponsorship & Event Marketing Supervisor (Interim)
City of Thornton | 2211 Eppinger Blvd. | Thornton, CO 80229
p. 720-977-5965 | f. 720-977-5964