Note: Because of new improvements to Thornton City Parks grounds, vacant areas formerly used for informal fireworks parking are no longer available.
Parking is available in the following areas only...
- Paved Carpenter Recreation Center parking lot, accessed at the light at 110th Place and Colorado Boulevard.
- Parking in the recreation center lot will exit at 112th Ave. and Madison St. and be directed either north on Madison Street or east on 112th Avenue at the end of the event.
- Paved and unpaved lots south of the Multipurpose Fields and west of 108th Avenue, accessed at the intersection of 108th Avenue and Colorado Boulevard.
- Those leaving parking in the unpaved lots west of 108th Avenue will be directed southbound on Colorado Boulevard ONLY at the end of the event.
- Those leaving parking in the paved parking lots south of 108th Avenue will be directed eastbound on 108th Avenue to Riverdale Road ONLY at the end of the event.
NOTE: Colorado Boulevard will be closed to all through traffic beginning at 9:30 p.m. between 104th Avenue and 120th Avenue. There will be no side street or driveway access onto Colorado Boulevard on that same stretch of highway.
Your patience and cooperation is appreciated when exiting the parking areas at the close of the evening. Police and parking staff will be clearing parking lots as safely and quickly as possible.
Make a party of your holiday while helping the environment!
This year, color your Fourth of July red, white, blue and GREEN! Make a party of your evening with us and carpool with family and/or friends to the event! Carpooling not only helps to reduce traffic congestion in the parking areas, it also environmentally friendly, reduces stress and increases your time to socialize!