The Thornton Fire Station 5 Community Room is available for rent to non-profit and civic groups on an intermittent basis. Tables and chairs can be arranged to seat up to 40 individuals and can accommodate 88 individuals for standing room only. A raised podium, pull-down projection screen, mounted dry erase board, mobile dry erase board, kitchenette with microwave, coffee pot and sink, and flags of the United States, State of Colorado and the City of Thornton are available for use. The group renting the room must provide additional supplies such as dry erase markers, coffee supplies, and any audio / visual equipment.
Overview of the Administrative Directive regarding the rental of the Community Room...
- Applications must be submitted at least five (5) calendar days in advance, but may not be submitted more than thirty (30) days in advance.
- Application holder must be at least eighteen (18) years old and be present during the rental period.
- Applicant holder must submit a copy of their Driver License.
- Non-profit groups must provide documentation of non-profit status.
- The City shall have two (2) business days to process applications.
- Payment must be be received within five (5) business days following approval of application.
- Thornton community service organizations are charged a $20 use fee.
- Non-resident groups are charged a $20 use fee plus $20 per hour.
- Snack foods are allowed.
- No alcohol is allowed.
- The Community Room is not available for private or family use (i.e., wedding receptions, parties, etc.)
Fax completed applications and rental agreements to 303-538-7660 or e-mail to email@example.com. For more information, call City of Thornton Fire Administration at 303-538-7602.