3498 E. 112th Ave.
Thornton, CO 80233
BOATHOUSE & cAROUSEL hOURS OF OPERATION
May 24 - September 2 (Labor Day)
Fridays • 4 - 7 p.m.
Saturdays and Sundays • 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Memorial Day • 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Labor Day • 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
July 4 (Independence Day) CLOSED
Select Summer Concert Thursdays • 4 - 7 p.m.
( June 20, July 11, July 18, July 25 and August 8 )
Boathouse and Carousel Hours Through September
Weekends Only 12p - 6p
Spray ground 10a- 6p
If the Tempature falls below 70, the sprayground will close.
- Life vests are required for all patrons using the boats.
- If a child is under the weight requirement of our smallest life vest (30 lbs.), the child will not be allowed in the boat.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by someone 16 or older.
- If patrons bring their own life jackets, they must be weight/size appropriate and staff must be able to verify that they are Coast Guard-approved Type III vests.
- No private boats or floating devices allowed in the lake.
- No swimming or wading allowed.
- No glass containers allowed in the park or on the boats.
- No food or drink allowed in the boats.
- No motorized vehicles allowed.
- Dogs are not allowed on the boats (service dogs excluded.)
- No one will be allowed to use a boat if they are suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or other substances.
- No horseplay or disruptive behavior will be allowed on the boats.
- The boathouse is subject to closure due to inclement weather.
- If the horn is sounded, this means the weather is imminent (lightning, rain, wind, etc.) and all boats need to head back to the dock immediately.
PLEASE FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS GIVEN BY STAFF.
| 2-person paddle boats
|| $4 Resident/$7 Nonresident|
| 4-person paddle boats
|| $7 Resident/$9 Nonresident|
| 2-person canoes
|| $4 Resident/$9 Nonresident|
| 5-Boat fleet rental
Available during normal hours
| $100 2/hour Resident|
$150 2/hour Nonresident
- All riders must be at least 42 inches tall to ride alone. Riders under 42 inches must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older.
- Supervising adults of children under 42 inches must stand next to the animal and hold onto the child.
- All riders must have a token.
- Only one (1) rider per animal.
- No riding backwards, side saddle or standing on an animal.
- Hold onto pole with both hands.
- No changing seats or walking on the carousel during operation.
- No food, drinks, gum, balloons or smoking on the carousel.
- No bare feet or wet clothing allowed on the carousel.
- Do not hang personal belongings on the animals.
- Please remain seated until the carousel comes to a complete stop. Do not jump on or off the moving carousel.
- Maximum weight for riding animals is 250 lbs.
- Every passenger must exit the carousel after each ride.
PLEASE FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS GIVEN BY STAFF.
|Under 1 year of age
||$1 per ride|
|Frequent Rider Pass
||$20 for 23 rides|
The Thornton Lions Club members will operate the Carpenter Park Carousel for the 2013 Season.
Spray ground Guidelines
Operating hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Be courteous and respectful to others. Take turns and have fun.
Please walk. DO NOT RUN.
Bicycles, skateboards and other wheeled devices are not permitted on the spray ground.
Children who are not toilet trained must wear plastic pants or a designated swim diaper and must be checked or changed often.
Diapers must be changed outside of the spray ground area. Be respectful of users; dispose of all waste in proper trash receptacles. Changing tables are located in the boathouse restrooms.
For the safety of yourself and others, please do not use the spray ground if you have a cold, diarrhea, excessive sunburn or unhealed abrasions.
No animals allowed on or near the spray ground.
Glass containers are prohibited in the park.
Children under the age of 6 should be supervised by an adult.
Surfaces may be HOT. Footwear is recommended.
No alcoholic beverages or drugs are allowed in the spray ground area.
Please keep food and beverages off the spray ground and use trash receptacles.
Clear the area when conditions for thunder and/or lightning are possible or are occurring.
In the event of excessive winds, the spray ground will be shut off.
The City of Thornton reserves the right to revoke use of the site priviledges for individuals who are rowdy or do not obey the rules.
IN THE EVENT OF SEVERE WEATHER, DO NOT USE SPRAY GROUND AND SEEK SHELTER.
PAVILION & AMPHITHEATER RENTALS
The amphitheater and the two larger pavilions are available to rent for private events. For more information, please call 303-255-7800.