Fast Friday Permits
While you wait permits for those “DIY” projects
Decks, Patio Covers, Sheds, Basement Finish, Fence
Available from 8 AM to 4 PM on Fridays only
Come to the Building Permit Counter
9500 Civic Center Drive
Thornton Parkway @ I-25
What you need to bring for your Fast Friday permit…
- A Completed Application is required for all projects. Applications are available at the Building Permit Counter or click here for an application.
- For exterior projects such as decks and patio covers, a site plan of your home is also required. The site plan must include the location and size of your project and the distances to your property line.
- For proposed fence projects, site plans must show the type of material, height, location and length of the proposed fence. See the Fence Design Standards in the Building Guides Section.
- Site plans may be made from the survey you received when you purchased your home or contact the Building Inspection office for other methods of providing a site plan.
- For deck, patio cover and shed projects, drawings showing the framing and foundation are required. Please refer to the Building Guides for additional information on these plans.
- Applicable fees will be due and payable at the time of permit issuance. See Fee Estimator for additional information.
- Typical review time for a “Fast Friday” permit is 30 to 45 minutes.
- All exterior projects greater than 480 square feet requires a Minor Development Permit and cannot be processed as a Fast Friday permit.
- The Building Inspection Division reserves the right to not issue “Fast Friday” permits if staff finds unusual circumstances.
- Typical review time for residential permits that do not qualify as a “Fast Friday” permit is three to five working days.
For additional information please contact
City of Thornton Building Inspection Division